Free Summer Meals for Children!
Beginning Monday, June 10, free cold breakfasts and lunches will be served to youth ages 1 to 18 years old on a first-come, first-served basis at locations throughout the city. Breakfast and lunch will be available daily, Monday through Friday, through August 16 (no service July 4).
There are no residency or income-based restrictions to participate in the program. Free meals are available to all youth. Meals must be eaten on site and parents/caregivers must accompany young children.
Meal sites include:
- DeweySchool, 1551 Wesley Ave.., cafeteria
- Fleetwood-Jourdain Community Center, 1655 Foster St., park grounds
- Mason Park, Church Street at Florence Avenue
- Robert Crown Community Center, 1701 Main St., park grounds
- King Arts School, 2424 Lake St., gymnasium
- McGaw YMCA, 1000 Grove St., basement
- Oakton School, 436 Ridge Ave., cafeteria
- Salvation Army, 1403 Sherman Ave., cafeteria
Breakfast will be served from 7 a.m. to 9 a.m. at Dewey School, Fleetwood-Jourdain Center, Robert Crown Center, King Arts School, and Oakton School.
Lunch will be served from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. at Fleetwood-Jourdain Center, Mason Park, McGaw YMCA and The Salvation Army, and from 11:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. at Robert Crown Center, Oakton School Dewey School, and King Arts School.
The Summer Food Service Program is funded by a grant from the Illinois State Board of Education. Menus are available at the Fleetwood-Jourdain Community Center and on site at each location. For more information, please call 847-448-4311.
Para información en español acerca del programa de servicio de comida durante el verano llame o envié un mensaje de texto al 847-448-4311.