District 65 is committed to engaging students in learning opportunities even when they cannot physically be in schools.
- District 65 provided every child in grades Pre-K-8 with a district-issued device, either a Chromebook or iPad. Device distribution for any student who did not already have a device occurred on August 24 and August 25 for K-8 grade students; details will be forthcoming for early childhood students. Distribution details can be found here
- Students who experience issues with technology or need assistance troubleshooting should contact (847) 859-8101 (English/Spanish).
- District 65 will provide families who do not have or cannot afford home internet access with district-issued hot spots. Information about affordable internet programs can be found here
- District 65 Innovation Facilitators, Technology, and Family Engagement Teams are collaborating to provide training opportunities for families on technology devices and learning platforms.
- Live and recorded sessions will be available via the District 65 website and may include topics such as Understanding System Requirements, General Chromebook and iPad use, iPad accessibility features, SeeSaw and Google Classroom Basics, Logging into Clever and SISK12, Communicating with your Child’s Educators, and Digital Safety and Citizenship.
- Sessions will be provided in multiple languages to increase access and support.
Please see below for further information about district-issued devices by grade level.