Para poder ver esta información en español, por favor diríjase a la parte superior de esta página y seleccione la opción "Español" debajo de la opción "Elija un idioma."New Student RegistrationWelcome to Evanston/Skokie School District 65! We look forward to welcoming your family into our school district. Students are assigned to an attendance-area elementary or middle school based on their residence address. Click here to view the District 65 attendance maps. Families are encouraged to call the Research, Accountability, and Data Department for assistance in verifying their child's attendance-area school.
How do I Begin the Registration Process?District 65 staff members are available to guide families through the registration process and make the adjustment to a new school district as seamless as possible. Registrars are available at the Joseph E. Hill (JEH) Education Center, located at 1500 McDaniel Avenue, Evanston, IL 60201, Monday-Friday, from 8:30 AM - 4:00 PM. Computers are also available in the lobby for your convenience and staff members are available to provide assistance.Follow the steps below to complete the New Student registration process:
- Click the above button to access the New Student Registration Form. Please follow the instructions to create a registration account and to complete the form. Upon submission of the completed form, a confirmation message will appear with information including next steps, registration hours, and how to complete registration for any additional new students.
- In order to complete the New Student registration process, please bring the following documents to the JEH Education Center:
BIRTH CERTIFICATESThe State of Illinois requires families of students enrolling in the district for the first time to present an original or a certified copy of the student’s birth certificate. If the birth certificate is not available, other legal proof of the student’s name and birth date will be accepted along with a completed Birth Certificate Affidavit. This requirement must be satisfied within thirty (30) days of the student's registration date. Click here to order a copy of your child's birth certificate.STUDENT TRANSFER FORMStudents transferring into the district must be in “good standing” at their previous school. Students on suspension or expulsion must serve the entire term of any suspension or expulsion prior to registering. Students that are transferring from another Illinois school must provide an ISBE Transfer Form.FIRST GRADE ELIGIBILITYChildren who enter first grade must be six years-old on or before September 1 of that school year. Based upon an assessment of the child’s readiness, a child will be allowed to attend first grade if he or she attended a non-public preschool; continued his or her education at that school through kindergarten; was taught in kindergarten by an appropriately certified teacher; and will be six years-old on or before December 31.HOMELESS FAMILIESThe parent/guardian of a homeless child has the right to register the child in the school the student was attending when he/she became homeless or the local attendance area school based on where they are currently living. Homeless children qualify for additional services under the McKinney-Vento Act. Click here for more information or contact the Special Services Department at (847) 859-8090 for more information.PART-TIME ENROLLMENTFamilies with children in private or parochial schools, including home schooling, can enroll on a part-time basis if the child lives in the district boundaries, if there is space, and if the principal of the school was notified prior to May 1 of the previous school year. Students accepted for partial enrollment must comply with all discipline and attendance requirements. Student fees are pro-rated based on the number of classes the student attends.EVALUATION FOR SPECIAL EDUCATION SERVICESChildren who live in District 65 and are home-schooled or attend private/parochial schools may register so the child can be evaluated for special education services. In addition, children who attend private or parochial schools within the district boundaries, but do not live within the district, may register so that the child can be evaluated for special services. The private or parochial school will provide the parent/guardian with a letter that should be brought to registration. Special education services are provided as soon as possible after identification, evaluation, and placement procedures provided by state law.Non-ResidentsNon-resident students may attend District 65 students upon approval of a request submitted by the student's parent(s)/guardian(s) for non-resident admission. Approval is subject to the following conditions:
- original or certified copy of the birth certificate (Visa or passport if the birth certificate is not available);
- any applicable court documents (custody agreement, guardianship, order of protection);
- Illinois State Board of Education (ISBE) Transfer Form or a "good standing" form;
- documents to prove residency (Click here to view accepted documentation);
- Student Health Documentation (Prior to the first day of school, applicable physical exam and proof of current immunizations must be provided to the Health Services Department. Click here to view student health requirements and to download forms.)
questions?For more information or questions about New Student registration, please contact the Research, Accountability, and Data Department at (847) 859-8065 / (847) 859-8055 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- School must be below capacity;
- Enrollment is on a year-to-year basis. Approval for any one year is not authorization to attend the following year.
- Payment of tuition is required prior to registration.
- Transportation to and from school is not provided for non-resident students.