Our Nutrition Services team is dedicated to providing the highest quality food and service in order to nurture both the bellies and minds of our students. All of our meals meet state and federal requirements and are well-balanced, full of whole grains, fruits, vegetables, and are low in fat and sodium. They are also age-appropriate and prepared to maximize student enjoyment.
All District 65 schools serve breakfast and lunch. Families who believe they qualify for free or reduced-priced meals are encouraged to complete an application for benefits. Applications are available year-round.
For more information, please contact the Nutrition Services Department at (847) 859-8130.
- Who determines the school meal menus?
- What schools serve breakfast?
- How does my child order and pay for school meals?
- Can my child order a sack lunch for field trip days?
- What are the nutrition standards for school meals?
- What is the difference between "offer" and "serve"?
- What if my child does not have enough money in their account to pay for a meal?
- What are "Smart Snacks in Schools?"
Come Work with Us!
The Nutrition Services Department is always looking for staff members. We have part time permanent jobs that range from 2-6 hours per day. Most positions are two-four hours per day. If you are looking for a position in your community that allows you to begin work while your child is at school, this might be the perfect job for you. In addition, Nutrition Services staff do not work school calendar holidays or breaks.