welcome to the curriculum & instruction department
The District 65 Curriculum and Instruction (C&I) Department works to support schools and ensure that every child has access to high-quality standards aligned teaching and learning in every classroom in the district. We do this work by leading the review, selection and implementation of high quality and culturally responsive curriculum (tier 1-3) and assessments that support accelerated learning outcomes for Black and Latinx students.
Key areas of focus for the upcoming school year:
- Strengthening learning experiences and outcomes for D65 students in the post-COVID environment with a specific lens for Black and Latinx students as well as ELs and students with IEPs.
- Strengthening the D65 assessment system to make data on student achievement increasingly transparent and accessible.
- Supporting the adoption of new curricular materials.
- Gathering ongoing feedback to improve student learning experiences.
The impact of this work is measured by:
- Increasing the percentage of students at or above college readiness benchmarks in math and reading.
- Increasing the percentage of students making expected gains in math and reading, including both students who start below the college readiness benchmark and those who start above this benchmark.
- Decreasing the percentage of students at or below the 25th percentile in math and reading benchmarks.
- Decreasing achievement gaps between groups of students in math and reading by improving performance of all subgroups.
Department Leadership includes oversight of core content areas (Literacy and Language Arts, math, social studies, science, fine arts, library, computer science, and physical education. Additionally the team supports Multi-tiered systems of supports (MTSS), social emotional learning, and instructional technology.
To contact the Curriculum and Instruction Department, please call (847) 859-8030. To reach a specific member of the Curriculum & Instruction Team, please visit our staff directory and search 'Curriculum & Instruction Department'.
Documents for Review Relevant to this Department: