The mission of Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. Literary and Fine Arts School (“King Arts”) is to provide all students with a dynamic educational experience that focuses on the fine and performing arts and emphasizes literature and writing.
A Fine Arts Focused Curriculum….
- Unlocks the door to learning and allows students to view the world through the eyes of an artist
- Cultivates the skills of collaboration, communication, creativity and innovation, critical thinking, problem-solving, and leadership
- Presents students with opportunities to explore big ideas and essential questions
- Uses the Fine Arts as a tool for differentiated instruction and assessment for all students
- Inspires increased student academic achievement and engagement
A Curriculum that Emphasizes Literature and Writing…
- Supports student access to literary works from diverse social, cultural, and historical contexts
- Extends writing and publishing opportunities beyond the classroom
- Encourages writing through literature
- Enriches the classroom experience with regular author experience opportunities