• Facility Rentals/Permits

    facility rental An approved application is necessary to use indoor or outdoor spaces at Evanston/Skokie School District 65.

    As outlined in board policy and board-approved procedures, a Building Use permit, Hold Harmless agreement, and where applicable, City of Evanston Temporary Food Event Permit*, Certificate of Insurance, and fees are required (see forms in the table below).

    Applications to use space within a school require prior approval of the building principal. Applications are reviewed to ensure availability and to identify required documentation and fees. Use of space at the Joseph E. Hill Education Center (JEH) is available only for district, school, or PTA-sponsored activities.

    Completed applications can be faxed to (847) 869-4685, mailed, or dropped off at the Buildings and Grounds Department (2017 Greenleaf Street, Evanston, IL 60202). Only completed applications with all required documentation will be processed. Applications are processed in the order in which they are received. Please allow up to (10) days for applications to be processed. Applicable fees are due (7) days prior to the activity.

    For more information about the fee schedule, JEH Board Room availability, or permit processing, please contact the Buildings and Grounds Department at (847) 424-2420. For inquiries on space availability at a particular school, please contact the school office. Click here to view the school directory.

    No individual or organization may use District 65 facilities without a valid permit, payment of applicable fees, and submission of all required documents as listed below.

    Documents Public PTA Sponsored (*High Risk) PTA Sponsored (All Other) School Sponsored (*High Risk) School Sponsored (All Other)
    1. Application for Use, Non-Discrimination, and Hold Harmless completed and signed Required Required Required Required Required
    2. Certificate of Insurance for $1 million naming D65 as additional insured Required Required N/A Required N/A
    *3. For an event where food is provided to the general public, the City of Evanston requires a Temporary Food Event Permit. Required Required Required Required Required

    *High risk activities include but are not limited to physical activities, martial arts, fun fairs or use of water, fire, ladders or scaffolding.