Are you an aspiring educator looking for an opportunity to take the next steps to becoming a teacher? Do you have a calling to inspire our next generation of leaders and innovators by teaching in a District 65 classroom? The CREATE 65 Residency has a pathway for you to turn your aspirations into inspiration for District 65 students.
CREATE 65 IS LOOKING FOR ASPIRING EDUCATORS WHO...
- Have a bachelor’s degree.
- Are ready to commit to a one-year Master’s program.
- Are committed to equity and anti-racist instructional practices.
- Are mid-career professionals who want to transfer their talents and skills to the classroom and give back to their community.
- Are dedicated to the academic growth and development and social emotional well-being of all students.
- Want to be a part of a school community committed to transformational education.
WHEN YOU BECOME A CREATE 65 RESIDENT, YOU WILL…
- Earn a Master’s Degree in Education from Chicago State University and a Professional Educator’s License (PEL) in elementary school grades.
- Get hands-on experience in a classroom four days a week under the guidance of an experienced D65 teacher.
- Receive a $30,000 residency stipend to help with living expenses and opportunities to apply for other grants.
- Graduate with a 4-year contract to become a D65 teacher where the average teacher salary is $84,000 with an average starting salary of $55,000 with a Master's degree.
- Become a member of a CREATE 65 cohort of aspiring teachers and build a network of support with other new educators.
What is a Teacher Residency Program?
An intensive one-year teacher preparation program that puts teacher residents in classrooms with students for four days a week to learn the craft of instruction under the guidance of an experienced D65 educator, while they are completing their Master’s level coursework at a partnering university. This method of training educators is designed to be intensive and deeply experiential. After completing the residency, educators are ready to teach immediately after they graduate.
Collaborative Residency for Achievement and Equity
Evanston/Skokie School District 65 has partnered with Chicago State University to form the CREATE 65 Teacher Residency.
CREATE 65's mission is to prepare aspiring diverse teachers to be exceptional educators who bring a commitment to excellence, social justice, and equity to the classroom for the benefit of their student's academic achievement and well-being.
The CREATE 65 Teacher Residency is a sustainable residency that prepares highly effective, diverse long-term teachers for the students of D65 and will provide a replicable, research, and experienced-based model for preparing teachers to address achievement gaps in District 65 and the North Cook region.
Do you have specific questions related to the CREATE 65 Teacher Residency? Reach out to our team today.
For answers to general questions about the CREATE 65 Teacher Residency, please refer to our FAQs above or email our team directly CREATEinfo@district65.net.
|DISTRICT 65 TEAM
Dr. Afina S. Lockhart, Director CREATE Teacher Residency
Tracey Carter, Talent Development Coordinator
Dr. Deborah Osher, Talent Development Coordinator
Laketa Simpson, Chief Human Resources Officer
|CHICAGO STATE UNIVERSITY
Dr. Florah Luseno
Chicago State University
Nancy Grim Hunter, Ph.D.
College of Education
Questions about enrollment:
Mr. Santosh Pindi M.S.