Maker and Computer Science Camp
The Maker & Computer Science Camp is a summer learning opportunity for rising 4th-8th grade students who are interested in exploring maker and computer science concepts. During camp, students will engage in maker and computer science activities that drive critical thinking and the design process. This exploratory camp gives students the opportunity to gain insights into their personal interests while providing opportunities for creativity and collaboration.
- The Maker and Computer Science Camp is an in-person, 5 week summer learning opportunity for rising 4th-8th grade students who are interested in exploring maker and computer science concepts.
- This class comprises a balance of designing, building and programming robotics systems to solve given, real-world essential questions.
- Students develop their communication skills through collaboration and presentation opportunities.
- Students will make both digital (e.g. video, audio) and physical artifacts and innovations.
- Technology skills will be built while manipulating a variety of materials and mediums (e.g. paper, plastics, cardboard, legos) using a multitude of tools (e.g. 3D printers).
- Students will utilize the design process to think critically through essential questions, integrate knowledge of diverse perspectives, apply collaboration and communication skills, and develop their computer programming skills.
details DATES: June 20-July 20, 2023 DAY(S): Monday-Thursday TIME(S): 8:30 a.m. - 12:00 p.m. GRADES: 3rd-7th LOCATION: Kingsely Elementary School