Bilingual Parent Advisory Committee (BPAC)
The Bilingual Parent Advisory Committee (BPAC) supports emergent bilingual families in District 65’s learning community. If you are the parent or legal guardian of an English Learner in D65, you are invited to participate in the Bilingual Parent Advisory Committee.
What is BPAC?BPAC works to enhance and enrich achievement for all English learners by promoting educational and cultural resources and empowering parents and caregivers to actively participate in the educational process for their children. Working together to support learning for your child will help them succeed not just in school, but throughout life.BPAC's current leadership team includes parents and community leaders in the bilingual community who volunteer to support and develop programs for the community. The leadership team works closely with D65's Director of Multilingual Services and participates in the planning and evaluation of the TWI and ESL programs, along with offering quarterly workshops relating to education, the district, and our community. The leadership team meets throughout the school year and over the summer and helps influence the wonderful opportunities for all bilingual parents and students. To learn more about BPAC, please contact Tania Margonza, BPAC President, at (847) 859-8053.
BPAC is a committee required by public school districts that have bilingual programs and adheres to the requirements of Section 14C-10 of the School Code ([105 ILCS 5/14C-10]).
The BPAC committee shall:
- meet at least four times per year
- Be a liaison between the school district, the parents, and the community
- Review the TWI and ESL programs and offer suggestions to better serve students
- Participate and assist in the organization of workshops for parents about bilingual education
- maintain meeting minutes on file with the school district
- review the district’s annual program application to the State Superintendent of Education
To stay up-to-date on BPAC news and events, follow us on Facebook, @D65BPAC