Evanston/Skokie District 65 is providing and administering an iPad protection plan for students and parents as part of our Access to Innovate program. The District plan covers physical damage to the device and is designed to limit a family’s financial responsibilities for any damages as described in the protection plan section below. The current price to replace an iPad is $300. Parents/students carry the full liability if payment for the protection plan has not been received. Coverage must be purchased two weeks after receipt of the iPad in order to be eligible for this school year. Households who are eligible for free lunch will automatically be enrolled in the protection plan at no cost. Households who are eligible for reduced lunch will have a reduced percentage applied automatically to the fee payments.
All payments are made through RevTrak using the student id number and a family sign-in. If you do not have an account, or need technical support with account access please send an email to email@example.com. For questions about payments or to make a payment families may pay in person at the Joseph E. Hill (JEH) building (1500 McDaniel Ave) or call (847) 859-8016. If coming to JEH to pay fees in person, please call 8016 from the lobby phone. Payments cannot be received at the main office of the school.
- Non-refundable fee: $40 annual (fee will not be prorated for partial years or semesters, is eligible for fee waiver and payment plan)
- Annual Benefit Limit: $600
- Coverage: Repair/Replacement of school issued iPad.
- Effective Date: Based on payment of fee.
- Expiration Date: Last day of school year or date of withdrawal.
- Physical Damage: Pays for accidental damage caused by liquid spills, drops, or any other unintentional event. Insurance plan is voided if iPad is not protected by a case, deemed excessive or intentional.
- Theft: Pays for loss due to theft; the claim requires a police report to be filed.
- Fire: Pays for damage of the iPad due to fire; the claim must be accompanied by an official fire report from the investigating authority.
- Electrical Surge: Pays for damage to the device due to an electrical surge.
- Natural Disasters: Pays for loss or damage caused by natural disasters.
- Dishonest, Fraudulent, Intentional, Negligent (not locked/ stored in an unsecured manner, or location, thrown device, etc.) or Criminal Acts: Will not pay if damage or loss occurs in conjunction with a dishonest, fraudulent, intentional, negligent or criminal act. The student/parents will be responsible for the full amount of the repair/replacement.
- Consumables: USB charging cable(s), AC adapter, and software.
- Damaged or lost iPad case.
Cosmetic damage that does not affect the functionality of the device.This includes but is not limited to scratches, dents, and broken plastic ports or port covers.
- Unauthorized modification of the iPad or otherwise voiding the manufacturer’s warranty by altering the software.
- District 65 is not liable for any loss, damage (including incidental, consequential or punitive damages) expense caused directly or indirectly by the equipment.
||Theft or Loss Deductible
* Please note the exclusions to coverage that are referenced above.
In the event of iPad damage, the student/parent will be responsible for a deductible payment as outlined, and the district will cover the remaining expenses. Damaged iPads must be turned to the school-based designee at each school. Damaged iPads must not be taken to an alternate repair facility or the Apple Store. The District 65 Plan only covers 2 damage claims per year. Examples of a broken iPad:
- cracked screen
- water damage
- other damage
In the event of theft, the student/parent will be responsible for a deductible payment as outlined and the district will cover the remaining expenses. The parent will be required to file a police report. The District 65 Plan only covers 2 theft claims per year.
The deductibles above will not cover the loss or damage of the iPad case, cord, or charger. Parents/Students will be responsible for the full cost to replace those items.
- charging/sync cord- $12.00
- power charger- $15.00
- Logitech keyboard case- $100
*If the iPad is not returned at the end of the school year or upon termination of student enrollment, the full replacement cost of the iPad is due and District 65 will file a police report regarding the missing device.
*In cases of theft, vandalism, and other criminal acts, the student/parent MUST file a police or fire report. A copy of the police/fire report must be provided to District 65 within two weeks of the incident and prior to receiving a replacement iPad..
*All fees are the responsibility of the plan holder