Enrollment in kindergarten is the start of an exciting new adventure for children and their parents. Our caring teachers and principals can't wait to welcome your children to their new school! Below, you will find all of the information needed to register your child for Kindergarten.
Children must be five-years-old on or before September 1 to register for kindergarten. Students are assigned to an attendance-area school based on the address of their residency.
Registration for the 2022-2023 School Year
Ongoing online kindergarten registration for the 2022-2023 school year opened on December 6, 2021.
The selective enrollment programs and magnet school options lottery application is open from December 6, 2021, through March 18, 2022. This application is embedded in the online registration form for kindergarten students.
Click one of the buttons below to complete the online registration form to begin the registration process for your student.
Note: When registering for the current school year, a student's school start date is 2-3 business days after registration is finalized.
Learn more about the kindergarten experience
Registration Forms and Documents
Frequently requested documents that may be needed to complete the student registration process are located below. While not all of these documents may be necessary to complete registration, they are provided as a resource. If you have questions or concerns about a particular form, please feel free to contact the Registration Team firstname.lastname@example.org.
- D65 Eligibility Process - Infant and Toddlers
- 30 Day Notice - Birth Certificate Form
- Birth Certificate Affidavit (DCFS Only)
- Missing Birth Certificate Affidavit (ENGLISH)
- Falta la Declaración Jurada del Certificado de Nacimiento (ESPAÑOL)
- Residency Validation Form (ENGLISH)
- Residency Validation Form (SPANISH)
- Residency Verification - Proof of Address (ENGLISH)
- Verificación de Residencia (ESPAÑOL)
- McKinney-Vento (Temporary Living Situations) Common Form (ENGLISH)
- McKinney-Vento (Situaciones de Vivienda Temporal) Forma Común (ESPAÑOL)
- Permissive Transfer Application
- Good Standing Affidavit (ENGLISH)
- Buen Estado de la Declaración Jurada (ESPAÑOL)
- Consent to Release Records (ENGLISH)
- Consentimiento para Publicar Registros (ESPAÑOL)
- ISBE Transfer Form
- Immunization Form
- Planned Absence Form (3-9 Days)
- State of Illinois Certificate of Child Health Examination Form
- State of Illinois Proof of Dental Examination Form
- State of Illinois Eye Examination Report
- Request to Attend a Home School