Emergency Closing Information
On rare occasions, it may be necessary to close District 65 schools and centers due to extreme temperatures, inclement weather, or other emergency situations. The decision to cancel school is always a difficult one, yet is made with the safety of students and staff in mind. As an alternative to closing schools for the entire day, District 65 has implemented a late start option where all schools and centers would open two hours after their normal start time. Please see additional information regarding late starts below.
In the event of a school cancellation, the district will communicate with staff and families as follows:
- Automated phone call, email, and text message via Blackboard mass notification system
- Announcement on District 65 website (www.district65.net)
- District 65 Mobile App
- Emergency Closing Center (www.emergencyclosings.com)
- District 65 Facebook and Twitter pages
- Local newspapers, TV, and radio stations
Please ensure that the most current contact information is on file with the district. Any changes can be made via SISK12 (parent portal), email firstname.lastname@example.org, or call 847-859-8055 / 847-859-8056. District 65 staff members can access the 'Change of Information Form' by navigating to the 'Staff Resources' section of our website and selecting 'HR Documents'.