African American Black and Caribbean (ABC) Family Group
District 65's African American, Black and Caribbean Family Group is designed to create community and a space where parents, guardians and staff, can come together to discuss policy, create change and learn about the initiatives in District 65.
Bilingual Parent Advisory Committee (BPAC)
The Bilingual Parent Advisory Committee (BPAC) supports emergent bilingual (EB) families in District 65’s learning community. BPAC works to enhance and enrich achievement for all students by promoting educational and cultural resources and empowering parents and caregivers to actively participate in the educational process for their children.
What is BPAC?
The committee consists of parents/caregivers of students enrolled in the bilingual or English as a Second Language (ESL) program, two-way immersion (TWI) program, bilingual and ESL teachers, district administrators, and community leaders. Committee members participate in the planning and evaluation of the TWI and ESL programs and offer quarterly workshops relating to education, the district, and our community. To learn more about BPAC, please contact Tania Margonza, BPAC President, at (847) 859-8066.
BPAC is a committee required for public school districts that have bilingual programs and adheres to the requirements of Section 14C-10 of the School Code ([105 ILCS 5/14C-10]).
The BPAC committee shall:
- meet at least four times per year
- maintain on file with the school district minutes of these meetings
- review the district’s annual program application to the State Superintendent of Education.
- BPAC Back-to-School Ice-Cream Social on Sunday, August 15, 2021 - Save the date! BPAC is hosting a Back to School ice cream social on Sunday, August 15 at Robert Crown's Evanston Public Library. Register to attend and have a sweet start to the school year!
- Stay tuned for other 2021-2022 event dates!
To stay up-to-date, follow us on Facebook, @D65BPAC!
Evanston/Skokie PTA Council
The link to the Evanston/Skokie PTA Council webpage is readily available for parents to review. The PTA Council is comprised of the following members:
2020-2021 Executive Officers
- Donna Su, President
- Jason Nemo, Vice President
- Margaret McKay, Secretary
- Walker Lawrence - Treasurer
- Bridget Nelson - PTA Equity Project Representative
Phyllis Ganser PTA Volunteer of the Year Committee, PTA Council Chair - Miriam Barnett
Join the PTA Council's Google Group to stay up to date with events and communications.