We’re a group of hard working and remarkable parents and teachers that are making a united effort to secure the educational, physical, mental, emotional and social well being of EVERY child.
The Parent Teacher Association of Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. Literary and Fine Arts School stands on Dr. King’s assertion “Injustice Anywhere is a Threat to Justice Everywhere."
- Promote the welfare of ALL children and youth at home and school
- Advocate for policies and agenda to further education, health, welfare and safety of EVERY child
- Are committed to raising the standards of life at home for ALL children
- Advocate for fiscal responsibility regarding public tax dollars in public education funding for King Arts
- Encourage, promote, and provide opportunities for ALL families, educators and community members to collaborate, with emphasis on the need to educate EVERY child.
The PTA hosts all-school events throughout the year to build community: kindergarten playdates, a back to school coffee, an annual pancake breakfast, and more.
The PTA supports our teachers by providing grants for supplies, field trips, and more.
We support our students by providing scholarships, and hosting fun events such as a family math night, a science fair, and family movie nights.
The PTA plans and financially supports educational assemblies, bookfairs, and many art and literary events.