JOIN US FOR KING ARTS INFORMATION NIGHT!
Tuesday, March 21st at 7pm | Presentation in King Arts Library
Enter at Greenwood Entrance (near corner of Greenwood & McDaniel)
Consider registering your child at King Arts!
King Arts, a K-8 Magnet School, uses a literary and fine arts focus to enhance the learning process and allow students to explore their interests and self-expression.
District 65 registration for the 2023-2024 school year begins December 5, 2022.
King Arts 2023-2024 Interest Survey
Fill out our interest survey and we will make sure to get you whatever information you request!
King Arts Facilities Feedback
The King Arts PTA Capital Planning Committee has an online form to collect information about any facilities issues at King Arts—inside or outside the building.
THE KING ARTS PARENT & TEACHER ASSOCIATION
We’re a group of hard working and remarkable parents and teachers that are making a united effort to secure the educational, physical, mental, emotional and social well being of EVERY child.
The Parent Teacher Association of Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. Literary and Fine Arts School stands on Dr. King’s assertion “Injustice Anywhere is a Threat to Justice Everywhere."
Our commitment is derived from Article iii Section 1 of National Parent Teacher Association bylaws and our primary focus is to bring Dr. King’s dreams to fruition.
- Promote the welfare of ALL children and youth at home and school
- Advocate for policies and agenda to further education, health, welfare and safety of EVERY child
- Are committed to raising the standards of life at home for ALL children
- Advocate for fiscal responsibility regarding public tax dollars in public education funding for King Arts
- Encourage, promote, and provide opportunities for ALL families, educators and community members to collaborate, with emphasis on the need to educate EVERY child.
The PTA supports our teachers by providing grants for supplies, field trips, and more.
We support our students by providing scholarships, and hosting fun events such as a family math night, a science fair, and family movie nights.
The PTA hosts all-school events throughout the year to build community: kindergarten playdates, a back to school coffee, an annual pancake breakfast, and more.
The PTA plans and financially supports educational assemblies, bookfairs, and many art and literary events.