STUDENT MEALS DURING REMOTE LEARNING
District 65’s Nutrition Services department offers appealing and nutritious meals to promote the growth and development of every student. All schools offer freshly prepared, balanced lunches daily and, new this school year, breakfast will be available for students at every school. Meals will be available to all students regardless of remote or in-person learning pathway.
Meals will be available to pre-order for remote learners. Curbside pick up will be available every Monday (or Tuesday if Monday is a holiday) from 10am-1pm at the locations listed below. Families will have the ability to pre-order breakfasts, lunches, or both, and will receive enough for the week. In addition, a late meal pick-up option will be available at King Arts and Chute from 3pm-6pm. Students or their parents/caregivers may pick up meals from any of the locations.
MENUS, ORDER FORMS, AND APPLICATIONS
Families can find breakfast and lunch menus by clicking the link HERE. Los menús para llevar se pueden encontrar AQUÍ. Heating and storage instructions for to-go menus can be viewed in English or Spanish.
To ensure that your meal order is processed correctly and to place your order prior to pick-up at one of the preferred locations below, please complete the Order Form for curbside pickup by Friday at 9 AM. The Order Form is located HERE. The Order Form may be completed as needed by new participants. If you have already completed the form, there is no need to fill it out again.
As a reminder, If you haven’t completed your Free and Reduced Meal Application, you can find the application HERE. All families are encouraged to apply, even if they feel that they may not qualify. Families should complete meal applications regardless of updated costs as the status of the application has benefits beyond the meal program, such as free or reduced school fees.
The Nutrition Services Departments (D65 & D202) are excited to announce that we are now able to offer meals free of charge, to all children ages 18 and under. This is made possible through a waiver sponsored by the USDA (now effective through June 30, 2021).
Curbside Pick-up Locations and times
- Chute (1400 Oakton St., main parking lot) 10am-1pm OR 3-6pm
- Nichols (800 Greenleaf St. (enter parking lot off Sherman Ave.) 10am-1pm
- Haven (2417 Prairie Ave., enter parking lot off Green Bay Rd.) 10am-1pm
- King Arts (2424 Lake St., pick up on Greenwood St.) 10am-1pm OR 3-6pm
- Walker Elementary (3601 Church St., parking lot off Church St.) 10am-1pm
- Fleetwood Jourdain Community Center (1655 Foster St.) 10am-1pm
- Evanston Township High School (1600 Dodge Ave., Door 27 off Wildkit Dr.) 9am-6pm *Food service is temporarily unavailable at this location. Service is expected to resume at Evanston Township High School on Monday, November 2.
Please reach out to the Nutrition Services Department at 847-859-8130 or email@example.com with any questions.