ORRINGTON PARENT TEACHER ASSOCIATION
WE ARE ALL IN THE PTA!
All families and educators in the Orrington community are part of the parent teacher association! The Orrington PTA’s main objectives are to enrich education, to improve the educational environment, and to build community for all Orrington students and their parents/guardians/caregivers. To achieve these goals we coordinate enrichment programs, activities, and community events. Our programming is open to everyone, and we encourage you to be an active participant in our Orrington community. We need your help to accomplish these goals!
Have an hour a week, an hour a month or even an hour a year? There is a place where you can make a difference! Please click here to check out all of our volunteer opportunities and get involved.
This year, we are encouraging all Orrington parents and guardians to become more active participants in the PTA through membership. While the entire Orrington community is encouraged to attend meetings and all PTA activities, PTA members are able to vote on PTA issues and help influence the direction of PTA programming. The Orrington PTA will cover membership fees for all members, unless you’d like to help offset that cost by paying dues here.
Being a member of the PTA doesn’t mean you have to donate time, attend meetings, or chair a committee (although we always need help and ideas!). If you do choose to get more involved, you will find a welcoming community that is grateful for any time that you can give.
PTA MEETINGS 2021-2022
All parents/guardians/caregivers are encouraged to attend Orrington PTA meetings! This year all meetings will be offered virtually and offer an opportunity to connect to our community. The meeting information will be emailed to the school prior to the event.
- September 14, 2021 @ 7pm
- October 26, 2021 @ 7pm
- February 28, 2022 @ 7pm
- May 18, 2022 @ 7pm
PTA OFFICERS 2021-2022
- Co-Presidents: Molly Fouts & Megan McCarville email@example.com
- Secretary: Holly Rene
- Daily Treasurer: Krisztina Eleki
- Budgeting Treasurer: Jong Won Hyun
- Community Building: Elizabeth Crouch & Kate Ellison
- Enrichment Programs: Kirsten Everspaugh & Kristi Raftery
- Communications: Jennifer Shadur
- Events: Amanda Goodwillie & Amy Hodgman
- Fundraising: Kipper Jones & Jennifer McDonough
- Equity, Diversity and Inclusion: Daryl Gardner, Claire Marcy, & Clare Scane (PEP)
WHAT DOES THE PTA SPONSOR?
Here are some of the many ways we accomplish great things at Orrington by working together.
PTA-Supported Activities at Orrington:
- Activity Scholarships
- Back-to-School Social
- Band and Orchestra Fund
- Before and After-School Enrichments
- Bibliomania expenses
- Book Fair
- Book Nook
- Breakfast and Snack Support
- Calendar and Directory
- Childcare at PTA meetings
- Classroom Libraries
- Copies, Postage, Insurance
- Covid 19 Support Fund
- Cultural Festival
- Eagle Equity
- ESCCA support—Evanston School Children’s Clothing Association
- Equity Learning Opportunities
- Facebook page
- First Day Coffee
- Fluency Tutoring
- 5th Grade Celebration
- Fun Run and Picnic
- Garden and grounds upkeep
- Grade Level Activities
- Green Team
- Hospitality (teacher meals at conferences)
- Justin Wynne Fund
- Kindergarten and New Family Playdates
- Kindergarten Pizza on the Beach
- Library Funds
- Literacy Night
- Math Night
- Music Assemblies (EISMA)
- Orator (newspaper)
- PTA Council
- PTA Equity Project
- Spirit Wear
- Sports Teams—scholarships and equipment
- Talent Show
- Teacher Appreciation Week
- Teacher Grants
- YEA Festival in Raymond Park
Please find the Budget report as of September 14, 2021 below.
Please contact the Orrington PTA co-treasurers at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions.