Superintendent Search Process
2019-2020 School Year
Here's a look at where we're at...
- June 2019 - Dr. Paul Goren and the School Board announced the mutual decision to transition leadership, as of July 1, in order to build on progress made over the past five years.
- June 2019 - The D65 School Board appointed Dr. Stacy Beardsley, Assistant Superintendent for Curriculum & Instruction, to serve as interim superintendent from July 1-August 19. Dr. Beardsley is a highly valued member of the district's senior administrative team and led the district through the summer months in preparation for the opening of schools in August.
- June 2019 - The School Board interviewed four search firms and ultimately made the decision to select BWP & Associates. The BWP search team is led by Dr. Debra Hill, who is a former long-term educator in District 65. During her time in District 65, Dr. Hill worked in a variety of positions, including as interim superintendent during the 1998-1999 school year. Dr. Hill has lived in Evanston for 40 years. School Board President Suni Kartha shared, "Dr. Hill's deep knowledge of our community and district will enable us to find the best options for our short-term and long-term needs."
- August 2019 - With the help of BWP & Associates, the School Board identified two experienced, retired superintedents, Dr. Phil Ehrhardt and Dr. Heidi Wennstrom to serve in an interim capacity for the 2019-2020 school year while a nationwide search is conducted for a full-time Superintendent to begin in the 2020-2021 school year.
- September 2019 - Community engagement on the development of a District Leadership Profile
During the transition, D65 School Board Members, administrators, and educators will remain focused on the needs of students and will remain committed to our stated priorities including our strategic plan and equity agenda.
Updates will be provided throughout the search process as well as opportunities for community engagement. Please see the links on the left-hand side of this page for more information.