Infant/Toddler Enrollment (Ages 0-3)
The District 65 Family Center offers two programs for infants, toddlers and their parents:
- Doorway to Learning Childcare Center, an Early Head Start and Illinois State Board of Education grant-funded program that offers quality, standards-based, full-day childcare services for children between the ages of six weeks and 36 months.
- The Early Start family support program, a no-cost home visiting program for families with children birth through 3 years of age, new parents & expecting parents. This program includes personal visits, screenings and assessments for children and their parents, parent/child fun activities, assistance in securing services to meet material needs, mental health support, case management, and advocacy.
In order to be considered for eligibility in either program, parents must do the following:
STEP 1 - RECRUITMENT FORM
Complete a Family Center recruitment form online, by phone (847-424-2440), or in-person at the District 65 Family Center, 1500 McDaniel Ave., Evanston, IL 60201.
STEP 2 - DISTRICT 65 REGISTRATION PROCESS
Parents/guardians must complete the following registration steps in the order listed below:
- Complete a District 65 Online Registration Form
- Submit required residency documents (click here to view details) via email (email@example.com), or in person at 1500 McDaniel Ave.
- Show original birth certificate in-person at JEH (required by State of Illinois) to complete registration requirements.
Upon successful completion of the District's registration process, you will receive an Early Childhood Registration Summary (also known as the "registration receipt"). You will then be directed to deliver the registration receipt to the District 65 Family Center.
STEP 3 - INTAKE MEETING
Schedule a meeting with our Intake Specialist, 847-424-2440. This meeting may take up to 90 minutes and will determine whether your family is eligible for the program. Doorway to Learning applicants must meet Federal Early Head Start income guidelines and qualify for the IDHS Child Care Assistance Program (CCAP).
STEP 4 - NOTIFICATION
After the Intake Meeting, you will be notified which list you are placed on: Not Eligible, Waitlist (eligible, waiting for a space) or Selection (may start the enrollment process). Please note that space is limited and selection is not guaranteed. If selected for enrollment, all required health documentation must be submitted prior to the child’s first day of attendance.
If you have any questions, please contact the Intake Specialist at: 847-424-2440 or firstname.lastname@example.org