Want to do something to help with your school’s Green initiatives? Need a specific task that won’t take a ton of time? Here are some ideas for you!
Green Teams Meetings
- Attend one of our meetings. Click here to view schedule.
End of Year Cleanup Champion: Help us divert waste by gathering school supplies that would otherwise end in a landfill.
- Set up a box for collections
- Spread the word among teachers and staff: Items accepted at Scarce include books in any condition, school and office supplies, crayons, art and craft supplie
- Let the D65 Green Team Champions know by the first week of June so we can organize a single trip to the recycling site.
Morning Announcement Champion: Increase sustainability awareness and educate students on waste reduction and other ways to be green.
- Contact your principal and/or teacher who coordinates morning announcements. If students are involved in morning announcements in your school, make sure there is a consistent, motivated staff member who can provide a brief scripted message that will remind students and staff to be green.
- Figure out the the frequency of the green announcements: once weekly? More?
- Here’s a list of “Green Messages” to get you started.
Event Chair Sustainability Liaison: Decrease waste at your school events by sharing our greening guidelines with event chairs at your school.
- Contact event chairs and share our Green Guidelines
- Contact the D65 Green Team Champions if you want help with choosing products or contact firstname.lastname@example.org if your school is considering composting at your event.
- Share green news on your school's social media pages or your school newsletter
- Make signage to post around the school or on the PTA Bulletin Board
Questions? Please contact email@example.com.