2019-20 school year LIMITED SCHOOL CHOICE PROGRAM UPDATES (as of August 12th):
- The 2019-20 Lottery is now complete.
- There are no further selection rounds and you are not able to appeal the outcome of the lottery.
- Round 4 decision letters were emailed to families on Monday, August 12th.
- The deadline to confirm Round 4 offers was on: Friday, August 16th at 11:59 pm.
- Due to the high number of applications, seats were extremely limited District wide.
- Due to the high number of students with older siblings applying for the lottery, some will not be offered a seat at the sibling school.
- Families who are offered a seat from the limited school choice lottery DO NOT receive transportation.
- Given the high number of applications received, families are asked to refrain from calling District if they do not receive an offer letter or want an update on the lottery.
- Bessie Rhodes and King Arts school day is from 8:00 am - 2:45 pm.
limited school choice program for the 2020-21 School year
District 65 Limited School Choice includes the following programs/school options: African-Centered Curriculum (ACC), Two-Way Immersion (TWI), Magnet Schools and Permissive Transfers.
The application process is OPEN ONLY to registered students living within the District 65 attendance boundaries. To ensure an equitable selection process, the only information used to make selections is what is contained on the application and received through registration.
Limited School Choice Applications for currently enrolled 2019-2020 students will be available in the Parent Portal beginning on January 2020 for the 2020-2021 school year.
Limited School Choice Applications for students new to District65 for the 2020-2021 school year apply as part of the New Student Registration Form.
Applications for all students must be submitted by March 31, 2020 to be considered as part of the first and second selection rounds. First round lottery selection confirmation for the 2020-21 school year will be provided before the end of June 2020.
Please note: students who have not completed all required registration steps and provided approved residency documents will not be eligible for lottery selection; this applies to all re-registrations and new students.
Applicants are assigned a random number and chosen by lottery. When making permissive transfer, magnet program, and magnet school selections, consideration is given to gender balance and enrollments at the schools impacted by the selection.
If you receive a selection letter, you will be given a deadline by which to inform the District whether or not you accept the placement. If you do not respond by the deadline given, your offer will be rescinded and given to another student.
Limited School Choice selection preferences are given to the following as long as the gender balance and relief of overcrowding goals are not violated:
- Magnet school applicants who live within a neighborhood preference area
- Siblings of students placed at a school for programmatic reasons
- Siblings of a student currently attending a magnet school or participating in a magnet program
Students who attend a school on permissive transfer are not eligible for district transportation services. Permissive transfer students must attend on a consistent basis and student attendance is reviewed throughout the school year. Students who are excessively tardy or absent may be required to forfeit their permissive transfer and return to the attendance-area school.
For more information about permissive transfers, please contact the Registration Team:
Harriet Pontikes: 847-859-8056
Arait Zamudio: 847-859-8065
application overview for 2020-21 School year
Will be available for viewing in December 2019