Clubs & Activities
Washington's after school clubs offer students a great opportunity to get to know each other beyond the classroom, mix between grades and have some fun! Partial scholarships are available to those who qualify for free or reduced lunch, but all scholarship recipients are expected to pay a portion of the class fee. Advance registration is required.
Winter clubs registration will take place from December 2nd through December 12th. Please don't delay; clubs are filled on a first-come, first-served basis. After this PTA deadline, you must contact the club directly for enrollment.
Registration Materials -
Updated November 21, 2019
- View Club Descriptions (English / Español)
- Download Winter 2020 Club Registration Form (English / Español)
Last Updated: November 21, 2019
- Download Scholarship Application. (English / Español)
Available for those who qualify for free or reduced-price lunches. Partial payment required.
- December 2nd-December 12th, register online! (English / Español)
- The registration will not open until December 2nd.
- Registration is not complete until payment has been received.
- Pay clubs directly through their websites, or by submitting a check to the front office, payable to the club provider.
- Please place the check in an envelope marked with your student's name.
- You do NOT need to submit both a paper and digital registration!
- Printed registration materials are available in the office.
- Make out checks directly to the clubs provider, not the PTA.
Questions? Contact Clubs Coordinators Allison Kamen and Adriana Fiori.
Are you a parent/guardian or teacher who would like to start a NEW CLUB?
Considerations for beginning a new club are listed below. When you are ready to submit a proposal, simply fill out this form: https://forms.gle/i1b1mE2p5haA48yL8
PARENT TEACHER CLUB PROPOSAL GUIDELINES (Jan 2020)
The Washington PTA would like to invite interested parents/guardians and teachers to consider running a before- or after-school club! Clubs provide a vital and accessible enrichment opportunity for many of our students and we would like to see those opportunities expand in the coming years. There are many potential club ideas, feel free to be creative!
Please consider the following guidelines:
- Clubs should be accessible and age-appropriate.
- Clubs should be conducted in English, Spanish, or both (an exception is made for language-learning clubs).
- Clubs should meet at least once a week, before or after school.
- Clubs should plan on per term/per student tuition of $50-100 (we do not want teachers or parents to pay out of pocket for the club, but this is a suggestion that can be discussed).
- Clubs must be open to at least one full grade.
- Washington policy is that providers offer 25% of the total tuition as scholarship, any remaining scholarships will be covered by the PTA Scholarship Fund.
If the club is led by parents/guardians, two adults are required to be present. Clubs with higher enrollment would ideally recruit further adults.
All affiliated adults must undergo the District 65 background check.
Student registration and insurance will be covered by the Washington PTA.
The Washington PTA board will review prospective clubs’ descriptions, and invite clubs based on scheduling constraints and student needs.
You can see the list of current clubs and other information on our Clubs page: https://www.district65.net/Page/1136
TO SUBMIT A CLUB PROPOSAL, FILL OUT THIS FORM: https://forms.gle/i1b1mE2p5haA48yL8