Optional Care in District 65 is available on School Improvement Days (half-day of school) and on days where there is no school due to Parent-Teacher Conferences (October and February). On Optional Care days, field trips or other special activities are planned for participants. In previous school years, students have enjoyed trips to the grove, Waveland Bowl for cosmic bowling, jump zone, Centre East Theatre, Field Museum, and a fun-filled field day at Evanston Township High School. All K-5 students are eligible to participate in the Optional Care program (enrollment in the School Age Child Care program is required and Optional Care fees are non-refundable).
Optional Care packages are available for all days, half days only, or full days only.
Click here to view fees.
Optional Care Dates for the 2019-2020 School Year
- Wednesday, October 2, 2019 (half-day)
- Friday, October 25, 2019 (full-day)
- Wednesday, November 6, 2019 (half-day)
- Wednesday, December 11, 2019 (half-day)
- Wednesday, January 15, 2020 (half-day)
- Wednesday, February 5, 2020 (half-day)
- Friday, February 14, 2020 (full-day)
- Wednesday, March 16, 2020 (half-day)
- Wednesday, May 6, 2020 (half-day)